1. Establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory/market segment to generate new business for the organization’s products/services.
2. Makes telephone calls and in-person visits and presentations to existing and prospective customers.
3. Analyzes the territory/market’s potential and determines the value of existing and prospective customers value to the organization.
4. Supplies management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
5. Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
Requirements of the role:
1. Ability to persuade and influence others. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
2. Visibility requires maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public.
3. Knowledge of advertising and sales promotion techniques.
4. Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.